In some countries, the blood type is one of the main factors for marriage compatibility. People believe that blood type affects your personality in many ways. Today, we will discuss the O Negative Blood Type personality. The theory comes from Japan, where people look at zodiac and blood type for matching.
The Claim Behind Blood Type Personality
The idea that the blood type affects your personality traits dates back as far as Aristotle. Hippocrates also tried to link personality biologically. He and Aristotle agreed that you can inherit personality traits through the blood. Hippocrates linked traits with four bodily humors. Those were melancholic, phlegmatic, sanguine, and choleric.
But the modern theory comes from Japan. In 1926, Tomita Yashima and Rin Hirano published an article titled “Blood Type Biological Related”. Many thought the article is non-statistical and motivated by racism. But it was more than that. It was the beginning of the blood type astrology theory.
Nowadays, pseudoscientific belief still exists in Japan. But the blood type personality Japan is now popular in the Western world as well. The theory suggests that the person’s blood type predicts his personality, temperament, and compatibility. The theory is similar to the astrological signs and their influence on a person’s life.
The theory started mostly as a reaction against ethnic stereotypes coming from Europe. Masahiko Nomi in the 1970s wrote most of the content for the theory.
Of course, the scientific community dismisses the blood type personality theory. They also dismiss any blood type personality test options. Research does not show any significant association between the two.
According to the Japan blood type personality compatibility theory, the four blood types are different. And that is because of their antigens. These are cells found at the surface of the red blood cell and explain how the immune system works.
O negative blood type facts
This might come as a surprise, but in Japan, people will ask you your blood type. They truly believe in the theory. So, let’s take a look at some blood type o personality facts.
People with the O blood type are outgoing and go-getters. The theory suggests they have a habit of setting a high standard. And they do that for themselves, and others. They will do anything they can do to achieve their high standard.
People with O blood type are great leaders. They have amazing leadership qualities. Little things do not bother them.
Most importantly, they are generous and kind-hearted. These are some of the most loving people. And they will adapt and adjust to changes. Think of O Blood type people as the most resilient and flexible. They do better than others in tough situations.
Positive and Negative Traits
Every person has his own positive and negative traits. The blood type theory suggests that it depends on your blood. Here are some of the O negative blood group disadvantages and benefits.
Remember, these traits follow universal truths. And if you work hard, and focus on your strengths, then you can do anything. Try to reduce the disadvantages as much as possible. But at the end of the day, the personality traits come from the actions you every single day. Your work is a reflection of who you are.
- You listen to your intuition and trust your gut feeling
- People with O Blood type are usually right when they listen to their gut feeling
- You like to create a routine for yourself that is outside of the public eye
- You tend to be in bed at the same time each night and wake up at the same time in the morning
- People with O Blood type take care of themselves before going to work
- You create feelings to fuel your energy, giving you enough bounce to go through the day
- You know what you can do and create plans to get work done
- People with O Blood type do not listen to fear
- Many view you as a person who is cold emotionally because you see and use emotions as a tool instead of a reaction
- You can be a hard worker, and often staple your pants to the work chair
- You can be overconfident at times, and people around you see that as arrogance
- Sometimes, people with O blood type are unpredictable. They want to be where the action is
- You often stay in your comfort zone and rarely explore outside of the box
- Some people see you as selfish because you focus on yourself first
Who Are You Compatible With?
When it comes to matching and compatibility, O blood type is not compatible with many people. The O negative blood type personality traits match with AB type and O type.
For reference, A blood type works well with AB type and B type. In the same spirit, people with B type group, match well with AB type and B type.
And the AB blood type matches with all blood groups.
Quick Facts About Type 0 Negative
- O negative can receive only O negative blood, but you can donate to everyone
- O Negative is the most common blood type we use for transfusions when the receiver is unknown
- Only 7% of the world population has O negative blood
- O negative is the first blood supply to run out during a shortage
- The blood type is more common in Caucasians, at 8% of their population
- Only 4% of Africans and Hispanics have O negative
- Only 1% of Asians have O negative blood type
- People with O negative blood type have higher levels of stomach acid and experience more ulcers
- People with O blood type need to eat lean protein for a healthy life